VTCT NVQ/VRQ Courses
To book onto the VTCT beauty or nail courses available please search the relevant course for prices and details of the deposit and payment plan available.
Day or Evening courses are usually available.
The VTCT courses are available at level 2 & 3 NVQ.
Some of the VTCT courses will require you to purchase a kit and payment for VTCT registration fees will be required.
VTCT (Vocational Vocational Training Charitable Trust) is one of the leading examining boards in the Beauty Industry.
Training establishments providing these qualifications are governed and regularly inspected to ensure quality training, qualifications of tutors, adequate equipment and premises etc.
NVQ vs. VRQ
National Vocational Qualifications vs. Vocational Related Qualifications
VTCT offer NVQ (National Vocational Qualifications) as well as the VQ (Vocational Related Qualification).
Both types of qualifications are fully recognised for insurance and within the industry
- An NVQ is a work-related, hands-on qualification that focuses on employment skills for you.
- They've been developed by the industry for the industry.
- It is a collection of units which, when completed, gives you the full compliment of skills required to work in the beauty industry.
- The achievement of all units makes you competent or 'work ready' for your new beauty career.
- A Vocational Qualification is similar to an NVQ in that it is work related and practical and focuses on developing your employment skills.
- It will apply to a specific subject within that industry.
- This is great as a 'preparation for work' qualification.
The units that make up the NVQ are chosen and developed by industry specialists (HABIA) who identified the main skills that are required to fulfil a specific job role or occupation.
Where other subjects have value within the sector, but do not wholly contribute to the core of what the industry actually needs, e.g. Reflexology, then the VRQ is offered to ensure a certain level of knowledge is attained and meet insurance requirements.
VRQ's are like 'pockets of skill' within a subject area related to an occupation